Think fast! The flood is here, and there’s no getting around it. Floods and other types of water damage come quickly and without warning, and while there isn’t much you can do to combat it right then and there, you can choose who helps you recover and how quickly.
Water damage to a home or business — whether it’s big, small, or somewhere in-between — is a severe problem that demands immediate attention. Acting quickly is very important if you want to deter further damage, which can eventually include more significant, harder to spot problems such as mildew and mold.
Read More: Learn about the comprehensive water damage restoration services that Carpet Tech offers!
Mold spores are microscopic and invisible to the naked eye, but just because you can’t see them, it doesn’t mean they haven’t made their way into your home. In fact, by the time you smell something musty, those mold spores have already entered your lungs and can cause breathing problems, allergies, and other health problems if not addressed right away. A flooded environment is ideal for thriving mold, and many scenarios can lead to the development of mold spores. Here are some of those typical circumstances.
- Water damage: Moisture from leaky pipes, storm damage, or even excess water from a toilet or bath overflow allows mold spores to thrive.
- Leaky appliances: Old refrigerators, dishwashers, and washing machines can eventually cause mold growth. Since mold requires damp areas and organic material, kitchens and bathrooms are often at risk.
- Remodels: During a home remodel, mold can be discovered beneath old flooring and in walls. If you’re doing serious construction, damp construction materials have the chance of bringing mold into your home.
- Roof Leaks: If you’ve noticed drips during storms, sagging ceiling, and spots on your drywall, you probably suffer from a leaky roof. While a leaky roof might not seem like a major problem, it can lead to serious mold.
No matter where the water comes from, we’ve got you covered. Here’s how we’ll do it:
- Investigation: After you call Carpet Tech, we’ll perform a visual inspection of your home to determine the full extent of any mold damage that may be present and provide you with a quote.
- Repair and Containment: Once we determine that mold is present, we begin the remediation process immediately by eliminating the source of moisture that is feeding it, thus preventing the mold from returning in the future.
- Mold Remediation: Our team of certified professionals will then remove the mold from the problem areas.
- Air Duct Cleaning: From there, we’ll move into the air ducts and eliminate any trace of invasive mold and mold spores that may be spreading throughout your home.
- Restoration: Once all traces of the mold have been erased, we’ll then restore your home to its livable condition.
Flooding, mold and mildew, and water damage of any kind are all things that nobody wants to have to deal with. But, in the unfortunate event that you have to, don’t hesitate to contact the professionals that are trained to handle it in the best way possible. Click the button below to start with a free quote!