When it comes to investing in a home with beautiful features, it’s hard to go wrong with natural stone. From granite and marble to onyx and slate, natural stone is a versatile flooring option that is available in many different forms.
However, the character and brilliance that they add are only as good as your ability to take care of them. Here are some easy tips for caring for the natural stone in and around your home.
- Regularly ensure that your natural stone surfaces are free of dirt, dust, sand, and any other kind of foreign material. Regular sweeping, mopping and dusting combined with periodic deep cleanings should do the trick!
- Vacuuming your natural stone floors? Be careful! Old vacuum wheels can easily scratch your most precious surfaces.
- In the event of a mess, it’s important to quickly clean up. If they’re left for long enough, some messes can eventually deteriorate the surface of your stone, causing lasting damage. (Pro tip: Use coasters!)
- Use mats for countertops, area rugs/slip mats for floors and never put things that can easily scratch your stone directly onto its surface.
- Avoid using vinegar, bathroom cleaners, tub & tiles cleaners, or any other acidic cleaning solutions on your natural stone, as they, too, can cause deterioration. Instead, try using stone soaps and mild detergents!
Natural stone is a timeless home feature that adds a lot of character and durability to the appearance of your home, but only if you put the necessary work back into it. These five tips are a great way to DIY, but not everyone has what it takes to get a deeper cleaning!
Regardless of the current state of your natural stone, we’ve got what it takes to clean, restore, seal, and maintain it. If you want to return your natural stone to its original condition, let’s talk! Click below to see what a difference Carpet Tech can make.